Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Out with the old. In with the new.

As Richard and I were packing up some of Carter's clothes that are out of season or he has grown out of, I noticed that I have a lot of onesies for my 17-month-old. I don't know why I thought buying onesies for a child that I can barely catch to change his diaper! A onesie just adds another step that we don't have time for. :) Some of these onesies have never been worn and Carter can still wear them, so I got creative today and decided to alter a few of my favorites. I only finished one before Carter took a nap, and knowing me, it will take me 3-4 days until i get to the next one. :) But I wanted to share with you my accomplishment today.

Here is the picture of the onesie before:



Here is the shirt after my alterations:



Notice the fancy stitching. :)



The one thing that I did not remember until it was too late was that I should sew before cutting. :) Thank goodness that this is a vintage-looking shirt; otherwise, the 1/2-inch difference on each side might seem worse than it actually is.

2 comments:

Trey said...

Clever!!! Very smart thinking, Madame!

Maggie said...

I love it!!!