Saturday, April 19, 2008

Our trip to CVS

My mother loaned us her CVS card and a $10 off a $50 purchase coupon. I said to Richard, “I can spend $50 at CVS! Let’s go!” My goal was to only buy those items that would give me earned cash back (ECB’s). We were to keep making purchases until we ran out of ECB’s. Since today was the last day of the current CVS sale, my selection was limited. My plan did not go as well as I had hoped; however, for the amount of stuff we left with, I think we did ok. The total for everything in the picture was $137.68, and we paid $62.42 out-of-pocket. We saved around 55%. Not too shabby for going into CVS without any ECB’s to begin with.

Since I am such a nerd, I took a picture of our shopping trip. (The flash does not like the plastic wrapping. )




I am in awe of how well some people do at CVS. For more (better) tales of how to save money, go to one of my FAVORITE blogs: http://www.moneysavingmom.com/

No comments: