Thursday, May 25, 2006

HOW DO I TELL MY MOTHER?!

So we FINALLY find out what we are having tomorrow morning at 9:30 am. I would love to update our blog with a new post, but I don't know how big of a fan my mother is of our blog. Just to keep her in suspense a little longer, Richard and I are not telling my parents until we get to their house tomorrow night. So that means that the rest of you will have to wait until the screaming and hugging stops and Richard and/I can get to the computer.

Now the big question is how we go about telling my parents. For some reason, there seems to be a need to make a big deal about it with them. This is not their idea, but a scheme that Erin and I have decided needs to take place. My cousins Angela (w/Blake and baby Baylee) and Peggy will also be at my parents’ house tomorrow night, adding to the anticipation.

Erin and I thought that wrapping-up a Cabbage Patch Kid for my mom’s birthday present would be funny. Erin suggested that I find the doll that has the name we have chosen, but I think that’s too much trouble. So we would just wrap up the doll with the same gender. It’s a good idea and our child will already have one toy. I don’t know though. What do you think?

5 comments:

Trey said...

I think you should pretend that the sonogram was inconclusive. Then, when you're at their house, write it on their bathroom mirror (I've heard that soap and even potatoes work). Then, when they take a shower, they'll get the surprise. :)

Middle School Survivor said...

I like it...and more cost-effective.

Corrie said...

Cabbage patch is cool... or you could get a little t-shirt or bib that says "daddy's little girl" if it's a girl. Do they make little boy stuff like that? What if they have clothes that say "Grandma's Little Girl (or Boy)"?! That would be a good one.

Trey said...

Or, how about you get a big jar of pink and blue M&M's; I bet there's a store somewhere in Jackson that sells them by the color. Anyway, make it exactly the same number of each color, except put one extra M&M for the baby's gender. That way, they have to count each M&M...which ever is the more prevalent color is the gender of the baby! (If you want to make it easy on them, make it a small jar, like the very applicable baby jar. Oh, yeah, that way you can give each of them a jar and make it a race between the two of them!!!!!!) Oh, that's a winner. :)

Trey said...

And, by "baby jar," I of course mean "baby food jar." Not like a jar for babies.