Friday, May 19, 2006

NO MORE PINK!

As some of you may know, I have been an Independent Beauty Consultant with Mary Kay for about 7 months. While struggling to walk pass my bookcase in the den with all of my MK products displayed and collecting dust, I began to wonder if I had made the best decision in getting involved with this company.
I think that I am truly destined to be one of those people that actually goes to work and earns a paycheck. I do not see myself dressing up in a suit and trying to convince women that they need my products. Even though I was “working for myself,” I still had to conduct my business under the guidelines of Mary Kay. Among other things, this meant no advertising. Sure, I could put up flyers and announce my phone number to everyone, but do I really need people stalking my cell phone for unrelated issues?
Since deciding to close my business and return my products to the company, I have had a sense of freedom come over me. I emailed my director (who is trying to talk me into staying) to inform her that I was finished. Did you know that once you return your products to MK, you can never return to the MK Consultant life? This is pretty drastic for a Godly company. Being excommunicated isn’t as bad as I thought though. All I had to do is call the MK repurchasing department (had to find the phone number on a website other than MK’s website) and request a form. I will have to box up all my stuff that I’m not keeping and return it for a 90% refund. Too easy.
Even though I am feeling free, I began to wonder if I was alone in my questioning the MK way of like. then I stumbled upon the best online support group a former MK consultant could ever have. I encourage everyone to visit this website. It does not bash MK; it only informs the public of the truth behind the pink. Here is the address: www.thepinkingshears.org
So I am ending my career as a beauty consultant. I am not sad about my decision. I am excited about the return of my money. :)

3 comments:

Trey said...

Down with the evil pink regime!!! Power to the people!!!

Maggie said...

hey, girl! i just looked over that web site you posted...whoa.

but....speaking of pink...have you found out what your baby is yet? pink or blue....

Middle School Survivor said...

We will find out what we are having tomorrow morning. New post should be up by noon. :)