Monday, December 17, 2007

The last days of school

We only have 2 1/2 days left of school before Christmas break. ( Whoo-hoo!) Since we have already calculated grades and turned in our progress reports for this 9 weeks, no teacher wants to start a new unit/chapter, and no student wants to really work. We can show movies in our classroom as long as they are historical and PG/PG-13. Since I mostly teach English, the movies I have are adaptations of books that we will read next semester. I cannot show those; I need to save those! I have been struggling with what to let my students watch. After much thought, I came up with Freedom Writers. After watching this move, I was inspired and determined that I too can make a difference in the lives of "unreachable" students. If you have not seen the movie, I highly recommend it. Here's the trailer:

1 comment:

Trey said...

Someone's birthday was yesterday.....